Uhhhhm. Even that title was hard to write. The truth is the past couple of weeks have been really tough. I’m in between babysitters and baby suddenly hates being in the car-seat at all. Even 5 minutes in the car-seat = screaming. Besides that – and probably because of it – I want to focus on what I love about it by listing what I love about being a single mom. Maybe it will give me a little breath of air. All of the thing I can think of also have a negative flip-side, but again, focusing on the good parts. Here goes…
1. I’m his favorite person. Sorry folks! I’m the winner! Don’t even try! 😉
2. I get to do things exactly how I think is best. No negotiations necessary.
3. We have an extra strong bond.
4. I’m learning how good at multi-tasking I am. We are surviving!
5. When people comment on what a happy baby he is I know it is because of me and the home I have made for us.
Phew! That was kind of hard. I will keep practicing. It’s so easy for me to look at other mothers who have partners and families and see every which way they seem to have it easier or better. All of the things above are things that moms with partners often have, too. But I’m trying to see and write down that I have these things going on as well!
- Having a Single Mom Is Worse Than Not Being Able to Vote, Says Dumbass (jezebel.com)
- Single mom trend: Whirlwind romances then wedded bliss. What’s up with that? (wealthysinglemommy.com)