1. Getting to understand true permanence for the first time in my life. I’m someone’s mother. For life.
2. Meeting other single and partnered parents – people with such interesting life stories who I never would have met had I not had my baby.
3. Gaining clarity on what a true friend is. Learning how to spot those people – and how to be one.
4. Sleeping. I’m finally beginning to feel caught up on sleep for the first time since my baby was born.
5. Kissing my baby’s chubby little cheeks 30 times in a row. I won’t be able to do that forever so I’m getting it all in while I can.