1. Being a parent is one of the hardest things ever. It’s also the best thing I have ever done in my life.
2. I love playing with you – and – I really appreciate how you love to play alone from time to time, too. Even better is when you are playing alone but then you pause to look at me, then grin, then go back to playing. It is the cutest.
3. We’ve been through a lot and I’m always trying to do the best things for you. Life can be hard but what we have already been through at this stage in the game will remind me to always be there for you. No matter what.
4. I really love you. Even though I don’t like it when you decide to wake up in the middle of the night. I’m not happy at those times but I love, love, love you.
5. I feel like a kid, too. I wish someone else was there to encourage me, set clear boundaries and love me unconditionally. Oh, and give me lots of hugs. I haven’t had that stuff often if ever so I’m doing my best to be for you what I have never had but always needed/wanted.