So, here’s an idea that has been tumbling around my head. I’ve been feeling like life is just a little too “full” at times. When I think about the things there are too much of in my life, I came up with these: the internet, driving, overeating, up to the moment (bad) news, social media. So I decided I would try to take all of these things down a notch… Here are my 5 ways to make 2016 my year:
- Fast from the internet. No internet in the morning before work. And one one regular day per week completely away from the internet.
- Fast from driving. I already do this at least one day per week and want to keep it going. I love our easy breezy days when we don’t get in the car.
- Fast from food. I’ve heard about fasting one day per week and I’ve been intrigued. I don’t think I’m up for that quite yet – but I can do away with eating after dinner.
- Fast from constant exposure to headlines. No more headlines in my inbox, Facebook or scrolling for the latest in Twitter.
- Fast from Facebook. I just joined a few months ago and I’ve given it a good go. There are things I like about it but I pretty much always feel gross after being on there. Strongly considering deleting my account.