- Conversations. I’ve got a big talker here. We talk about everything under the sun. As he has grown so has the depth of how we talk about things. Plants, animals, race, change, death, nutcrackers, all the things we can do with our lives, the highly specific rules of baseball. You name it, we talk about it, I love it.
- Appetite. It’s so satisfying to see a toddler eating with gusto. Those cheeks! That belly! Something so satisfying about cooking for someone and seeing them enjoy it.
- Imagination. In the past few months his little imagination has just completely taken off. Imaginary friends. Hilarious songs and whispered conversations to himself. Just a full-on imaginary world. I love when he invites me into it. It’s the sweetest.
- Travel. I found it so easy to travel with an infant. Then there was a gap between about ages 1.5 and 2.5 that was more difficult. It’s an easier patch now since he can “get on board” with having an itinerary and a common goal (and make a mad dash to the airport gate with me!) Such fun times.
- Making a home. It’s fun to plaster the walls with toddler artwork, light a candle together at dinner, have dance parties, tidy up together. Fun to snuggle on our velvet couch and give each other back-rubs with one finger (he taught me this one and I die of joy when he does it. Sooooooooooo adorable). We have definitely made this house a home since moving in two years ago. It has surprised me that this has been work I’ve come to really love since I was never much of a “nester” before.