Self care, schmelf care. It gets so much talk and makes perfect sense – except that it feels impossible to have as a single parent. Especially one on a budget. A friend recommended this book almost a year ago and I finally got around to reading it… Low and behold it’s full of really helpful tips – 101 to be exact. I’m taking a lot of them to heart. One of the tips included a list of free to very inexpensive ways we can take care of ourselves. I thought I’d list five from the book here…
- Go to a museum (on a free day!) and get inspired by some great art.
- Grab a hot or cold drink and sit…on the beach, by a river, or in your backyard for 20 minutes.
- (If your child is with their other parent for the weekend) take a weekend retreat to a monastery where they don’t charge you much to stay.
- Stargaze. (Something you can even do on your way to take out the trash at night).
- Make yourself some popcorn and watch a movie.
There are so many more ideas on the book. And you can even get a used copy of it for 1 cent here!